Monday, April 13, 2009

Tips for Pulau Kapas Swimathon


Stupe's photo for real location.



Compare this with the top photo.


I wrote this piece so that I could remember where to land next time. I was still left figuring out where to land during the swim.
Roughly I could guess, but it's better to be precise.

In hindsight, I think I did just alrite by targeting exactly a bit right from the landing point based on the mountains at the back.
Although I had veered too much right ( the marshall has to correct it), it's still better than fighting the current on the left).

But the strong current pushed a bit left from the landing, and I had to fight back moving rightwards again.

The current was also pushing outwards, so you'll need to use strength to battle the last hundred meters or so.

No comments: