Sunday, April 11, 2010

Double broga in two days


Leonard, waiting for me patiently at peres...

The end of suffering, at least for broga loop.



I thought PCC ride to broga falls on saturday. That morning was really heavy with clouds, and rain looks like it could come anytime. I'd hope the rain be dumped elsewhere, as I rode up Ampang hill. Then I was lucky to meet Leonard, who was also doing broga. After some chats, I realized it was tomorrow and not today. Oh well, since we are here, we might as well ride on.

Then it rained. And pretty soon, we're riding in the wettest condition. I was just hoping not to skid on the downhills. Broga is tough not because of its' distance, but it's the many tough and long climbs you've to endure.

I was riding my roadie, so climbs seemed so much easier than the tri. We rode together but often I find myself drifting futher behind. He was very strong on the bike. I was just hoping to preserver enough energy to do the peres climb.

By noon, the sun came up, which was a relieve to the cold and wet ride prior. As usual, the toughest part is to climb back Ampang hill, and back to home.

166k done.

---

There were 2 groups on sunday. P2k and PCC. PCC starts from tekala, which is much easier cause you don't need to climb the notorious bukit hantu. Shorter as well.

I wasn't sure to do this. But I felt not that bad, so I setup the TT bike, and rode fast to catch P2k depart from bt 14 hulu langat. Looks like a lot of strong riders. The ones I knew were Sean Chang, Jacky but not many. During the ride, after introducing to Danny, he asked me if I could reach broga on the TT. Well, I said "let's see how".

I tried to hang on up bkt hantu, but as usual, the strong p2k riders went up like mountain goats.

Then I decided to go solo TT mode down tekala to get a drink. The peloton then passed, and I had to put on the TT legs again and chased the group down.

Stayed with the peloton until lenggeng, and again, some riders rode uphills like it was an easy thing to do. Then up bkt tangga, where I did manage to catch some later.

Stopped at klawang, and we had manage to caught up with riders from PCC. It was getting hot now, and I'd just wanted to ride home as fast as possible. Now suprisingly, I felt better riding today compared to yesterday. It was really a solo and fast affair from klawang, and some p2k riders managed to caught up after 2km into the climb up peres.

Got up to Peres, and I was still feeling strong, but I have to eat. One thing I have to have, is enough food and hydration in long endurance activities. I couldn't go on if there's nothing much left. It's one of the reason why I had dnf during the singapore run. I just have to stop and eat something, then continue on my own pace, and not really following another guy's pace.

Then on the way up Ampang, Sean was climbing up as well. I thought of riding together but he looks fatigued.

So there, another 166km.

---

I've not ridden for a long time, so it'll take some time my bike fitness to come back. Just have to work more on speed.

2 comments:

plee said...

Amazing!
166k x2 on consecutive days!
And he says bike fitness needs time to come back!

By the way 166km=100 miler planing a run someday?

yipwt said...

lee...I am riding too slow.

Yes..one day I want to achieve at least 100 miles run. 8 loops around bkt aman will do that.