Monday, September 19, 2011

KLIUC Unity Run 2011: Half Asleep


Michelle, my sis, and my youngest brother.


This run, wasn't ran in the best of mind. I had been working since yesterday on some technical issues with some lack of sleep, and that was right after BJCC ride to Bentong 110km in race mode. Now just a bit on the cycling ride. Leonard Lim is one tough nut to crack. It was either me chasing him, or he was hanging on my back. And all the way up Genting Sempah. And we aren't riding in leisure mode. On the way back up to Sempah, it's the same scenario. Regardless of uneven tarmac, heat, wind, it was race mode.

So, I found myself on the starting line, quite not in the mind to race. My sister is joining as well in the B category. They let us off at first for the A, B, C category.

As usual, hordes of sprinters in the first few hundred meters. Noticeably I saw a malay chap (Syahidan) in yellow Adidas jersey at the front. Then 2 indian guys went off with him. An african dude was hanging with them, but he soon dropped off.

The route wasn't flat all the way. There's some hilly sections as well. I was just trying to stave off the back guys. It was quite a fast pace.

I only started to 'wake' up after like 5km. Then at the last 3km, the winner of C (junior vet), passed me as we entered the college. I tried chasing him, but never did pass him until the end.

Time at the finish was 38:05 in 4th position. Kind of happy, given the circumstances. My sis got 9th, which is not bad. She hardly sweat, so I told her to run faster next time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

KLIUC = DICK COLLEGE

Leonard Lim said...

Thanks for the mention, Yip. Good to push each other on that day. Look forward to more sessions like that next time. Cheers.