Thursday, July 17, 2008

Knocked down by bike


Doing the karen cheng pose...injured

While running this morning, I was knocked down by a bike. Partly my fault, because I didn't scanned the rear view before going into a 90 degrees turn. I don't usually do it, because seldom traffic goes straight, which leads into a housing area with security.

The guy on the bike, was the security guard at that place.

It happened so fast, the next second, I was on the road. After the impact, he was almost off balance, but manage to get things under control. Immediately seeing my injuries, I am pretty sure PD is gone. I sat for awhile grimacing in pain.

My right thigh got a direct hit, and my left wrist have hairline fracture, and swollen. My left knee was also bleeding from scrapping the tarmac. I knew I got hit hard, because I was having fainting feeling going on.

I asked the guy for a lift, and amazingly his answer was that he can't, because the bike belong to the company. I've no mood to protest. So he dropped me by his friend who was gracious to send me back home.

At home, i realize my left wrist was swollen. Not good, so I asked a friend to HUKM. I had 2 x rays, and lucikly no major bone fracture at the femur or wrist. Another2nd opinion with a chinese doc, said I have hairline fracture at the left wrist.

At the moment, I am typing using one hand. I will need some good recovery.

18 comments:

John said...

Get well soon.

Maybe there shld be a run/bike race for those who are under injury list. Sure I'll take part.....hahaha.

Meg said...

Take care, tat. No wonder didn't see you online. Rest good good at home, k.

CapArnabBrand said...

Get some good rest and recovery dude... Take care!

Anonymous said...

hello bro:

Get well soon..!

Tey

Michelle Looi said...

aiyoh.. Take care ,rest well and recover soon. Will wait for you to train on the bike...

Unknown said...

Hi Yip: YOu take care.

victorology1987 said...

yip...
get well soon...

zulhassan said...

Sorrylah Yip i tak baca blog ni sebelum turun PD. Sembuh segera ok.

Jaja Shah said...

get well soon!

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear that. Hope you rest well and take care. It could've been worse.

Reminds us all that we need to be extra careful on the road. Even that is sometimes compromised, as you know when we're already fatigued and disoriented.

Abu Soffian said...

Bro...get well soon. Rehat tau

Ali said...

alamak yip...rest well and recover soon...more reason to run against traffic lah like this...

Anonymous said...

kalau luka nak cepat kering dan baik , makanlah ikan haruan :D.

tapi mahal sikit sekilo $18.

Stupid_O said...

yip...so sorry to hear about your accident. get well soon man. hopefully you'll recover with plenty of time to run my ass down in desaru :-) sending healing thoughts your way...

yipwt said...

thanks guys...

Hopefully can race desaru...with no incident. :P

CP Waterman said...

Just got back from London. Sorry to hear about your mishap. Do take care & wish you a speedy recovery.

Pure Faith said...

take good care of yourself.... and rest....

Jamie Pang said...

it's been awhile since i popped by. and saw your accident! hope you're recovering well!